Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sunday Morning May 23, 2010 What I learned…


That each of us is human and no matter how loving or devoted, we all make mistakes.

Even though things are communicated in advance life does not always unfold according to plan.

Trust my emotion more, especially in the moment because if it doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t. I can always apologize latter if I am wrong but I cannot undo reality.

That I desire very solid and deep relationships first and foremost as opposed to casual sex. I’ve had a lot of sex in my life but few meaningful relationships.

Elli loves me very, very much and wouldn’t dream of deliberately sabotaging our relationship.

Rules of Engagement

Communicate with your significant other concerning expectations and boundaries before meeting with others.

The first meeting with others should be during the day, the earlier the better and should be over coffee or tea and provides an easy out should you need one.

Avoid alcohol consumption it interferes with social filters, awareness and inhibitions.

Lay down expectations for everyone up front.

Reinforce expectations.

If something deep down doesn’t feel right address it in the moment you may never get a seconded chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment