Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000190 EndHTML:0000004558 StartFragment:0000002380 EndFragment:0000004522 SourceURL:file://localhost/Users/claytonhardee/Documents/writting/blogs/blogger.doc

I spent the majority of the day with Alice. She was upset because her and Jake were in another argument this morning and it continued while she drove him back to his apartment. Alice spends a lot of time and energy arguing with Jake but hey “not my relationship.” Alice and I went out for breakfast and then to the Harvest Fest checked out the different venders and rode on a carnival ride. Up to this point I had enjoyed my time with her even though much of it was spent discussing her issues with Jake. When she ask if I wanted to go to the Italian Festival I said sure but I can’t stay long because I need to meet Reene she became very, very angry. You see I had called her earlier in the morning and left her a message asking if it was ok if I stopped by earlier because I had to leave at 1pm and though she got the message she was under the impression that regardless when I came I was spending the whole day with her. I don’t exactly know how the lines of communication got mixed up but I took responsibility, owned up and said I would do better at communicating any future schedule. Still she was angry. I don’t know how much had to do with the actual scheduling and how much had to do with seeing another women but were both in poly relationships. She was yelling at traffic and driving erratic, the same things I have done when Elli has been in the car and for a brief time I really was able to relate to how Elli must feel when I act like a complete ass. No matter how angry Alice got, I showed no response. She was used to arguing and yelling but I didn’t do either. The way I figured it was that I took ownership for what I had done and committed to do better end of story. When we finally got to the Italian festival I fond myself wondering whether or not I was going to be patient enough to deal with this relationship. As for Elli, she must have the patience of a Saint when it comes to me but the biggest difference between Alice and me (our personality types are the same accept she is an extrovert) is that I really strive tirelessly in trying to improve myself especially my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment