Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Friday April 23, 2010-Moving Day

Today’s the day. The sky is over cast with doubt and tears fall from the heavens as if saying farewell to an angel. The cold winds of Hell blow in a random dance of new beginnings. Amy who is Elli’s girlfriend is kind enough to give us a hand, as is Jerry, one of our friends. Both Evey and LaShonda are at work so can’t attend the move. Lot’s of rain pour down on us then our reservation got screwed up. We had 12 hours and UHaul decided to shorten that to 8 on the spot. Initially UHaul said we could use a gift card but when we got there they said we couldn’t. Then we had to stop twice at ATM machines to get more money for two more money orders. We get to Elli house and everyone is late the stuff we need to move is blocked by other items. I’m thinking are you fucking serious? Everyone shows and I’ve already loaded the truck. We get down to the apartment community and have to fill out gobs of paperwork and say 3 Hail Mary’s before we get the first load out of the truck. I’m on a mission from god, rain, snow, shine or slow movers are not going to detour me from my quest. Come Hell or high water I’m getting this shit moved in the 6 hours we have left! I take the truck back to my place where I single handedly pack half the truck by myself. The rest of the group shows up and we load the rest in with not too much time to spare. We get to the complex and a plumbers truck is blocking the area that I need to unload. He says he only does this twice a year and today’s the day! He’ll be here at least 8 hours. “Well fuck me a Jackalope on a cold winters eve.” I go around the block because I can’t back up from where I’m at and pull up to a similar spot looking for a place to unload. Jerry and Elli are there now and they have talked to the plumber and he has decided to move after all! We have a few hours left and a completely full truck to unload. Stress pours down my face faster then the rain. I move like a mad man on a mission and stuff starts flying off the truck. Soon Jerry has to leave and we still have more to do, time is a ticking. By 3:30 everything that was in the truck is now in the apartment. We have to pick up Elli’s car and get gas for the UHaul. Some how, some way, we did the impossible and got the truck back on time! Talk about STRESS! We go back to the apartment and start unpacking, box after box after box. Elli and Amy eventually crash in Elli’s bed to tired to have sex they crash hard and fast. I stay up for a few more hours unpacking then masturbate in hopes that it will relax me enough to sleep. It does for a few hours but then I’m wide awake again and start unpacking more stuff. It going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment