Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thursday April, 15, 2010- Setting the record straight

Today was Elli’s day off and we went back over some general guidelines and boundaries for the new apartment. We have separate bedrooms and bathrooms on opposite sides of the apartment but in a poly-relationship you need to go over things like who can spend the night and when, giving the other person privacy and talk about shared time and activities. Elli is extremely flexible as far as comfort and personal limits are concern. She generally works around her boyfriends-girlfriend comfort levels and limitations.

We redid her sale ad for her car and got the electricity switched over to the new apartment. On the way back from an errand Elli got very upset about a conversation concerning we were having about coming out to her family. Her brother whom she was open and honest with and normally had a good relationship with had a complete melt down last week though he has known about her lifestyle for several months. Her brother brought the parents into it but out right lied about everything and somehow I got blame for everything. I wanted Elli to set the record straight and tell the truth to her parents about her poly-lifestyle long before she met me and about her BDSM life style again something she was pursing before she we had ever met. I also wanted her parent’s to know that I don’t use her money nor have I isolated her from them or her church. Elli’s parents are fundamental Christians and believe that I gave Elli a mental illness and with the help of the family and some divine intervention she can be cured. I don’t care if her parents judge or criticize me so long as it’s based on fact rather then her brothers fictional account. Since Elli’s lifestyle is completely out in the open it’s time for her to set the record straight. Elli prefers to avoid conflict (though she’s getting better at this) but this subject is too important to be avoided and this was what I was trying to stress. I ended up dropping her off at my house and did the rest of the errands by myself. Latter we talked more about it and she got spoke with her father and got his email address so she can lay it all out.


No comments:

Post a Comment