Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday, April 4, 2010 Scheduling

I spoke to Elli on the phone; she was heading back from Amy’s house on way back to work. She had a great night with Amy and was able to relax and decompress from the long week. She said that Amy might try to do a short sale of her house and get something closer to Denver. That arrangement would work out good for the both of them.

The conversation got me thinking about Amy coming over to the new place and spending the night once a week. I don’t have an issue with that but I would also prefer that Elli spend at least one night during the week with her as well. This would provide two things. One, Amy and Elli would get an additional night together at Amy’s place and I would get a night completely alone to myself, that I really need. Elli has said many times that when I wanted time alone to myself in our new place that all I have to do is let her know and she’ll stay in her own room. That’s cool and all and I appreciate that but there is a big difference at least for me about staying in your room and not being in the apartment at all. Not to mention that if I want to bring a significant other over to spend the night it would be easier for me if we were alone. I’m newer to the whole poly relationship dynamics then either Amy or Elli and I’m still feeling my way through much of the emotional maze that this new relationship dynamic offers. Initially I think it would be easier for me to bond with someone if we were completely alone. I think when I get a new job it will be easier for me to do the same allowing Elli and Amy a free night at our place. Scheduling plays an important part in poly relationships and with this new living arrangement (Elli and I are moving in an apartment together with separate rooms) it will be even more important that we continue to communicate and pay close attention to scheduling.

No comments:

Post a Comment