Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thursday July 16, 2010

Generally I go over to Alice’s and spent time with her but not tonight. She’s still processing the event from a few weeks ago. Still I call her and talk to her about Elli’s and my blowout and Alice helps me to finally realize how I violated Elli’s emotional trust, why she feels that way and why I don’t. First and foremost though I’m entitled to my own opinion about their relationship I don’t need to constantly grate it. Seconded their relationship is their own it doesn’t have to mean anything or make sense to me because it is not mine. Lastly Elli values my opinion and thoughts and when I speak negatively about her relationships, she takes it as a personal failure in both relationships and it hurts her to her core. Elli and I see the world very differently. In order for her to feel validated she needs me to love every little thing about her and love her unconditionally. By me rejecting in whole or in part her relationship with Amy I was essentially rejecting her as a person. I on the other hand can love, be indifferent or not love things about a person but still love them as a whole and be okay with that. It is simply a different approach to relationships and to life it is also a point of contention during communication with Elli and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment