Sunday, May 9, 2010

Friday, May 7, 2010 under pressure

My therapist (behind every good man is a great therapist) asked me an interesting question today. She asked me if being polyamours put pressure on me to have more then one-relationship especially in light of the fact that Elli has a girlfriend. I had to think about that one for a minute it was a really good question and I suppose there is a bit of pressure in a sense. Being new to the poly-lifestyle I have an inherent desire to have additional relationships for their own sake and quality of life they will bring to others and myself rather then as a strict competition with Elli or obligation of being polyamours in general. Still at this stage in my new relationship dynamics I do feel as if I put a bit of pressure on myself to actually have other relationships so that I can “know” and “experience” what the poly-lifestyle has to offer. Sometimes I make myself feel rushed to have other relationships as if it is a “now” or “never” type situation. Remember I’m a novice not a veteran at this lifestyle and its still pretty much touch and go. I’m still very eager bright eyed and bushy tailed. I want to taste the joys and even experience the drawbacks that simultaneous relationships have to offer but I truly believe that after I have the opportunity to have a few meaningful simultaneous relationships that I will be able to have one or many without feeling that pressure from myself. Meaningful Simultaneous Relationships? Now just what the hell does all that entail? Good question, I’ll have to address that in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment