Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday May 15, 2010 reflection

Elli spent the night with Amy and Ana is spending the night with Chris so I stay at home by myself and enjoy a free night. After the gym I head back to the apartment cook myself dinner and decide to watch one of the several documentaries I got at the library. The one I watch is entitled Gang War: Bangin’ in Little Rock. Yes, Little Rock Arkansas where in 1994 the homicide rate was higher than in both New York and Los Angeles. Little Rock Arkansas a city of only a 177,000 with well over 50 different gangs held hostage by a problem it refused to admit for several years. I work with former and current gang members so I was familiar with the topic and mindset. I know all to well of the dysfunctional family and the anti-social behavior a hopeless and desperate youth thoroughly entrenched in the criminal mentality. The documentary was a sad reflection on today’s current social affairs and how truly little some of us value human life.

No comments:

Post a Comment