Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Friday, September 17, 2010

Today was my day with Elli but I didn’t get as much time as I would have liked with her because Josh and I were trying to work out some bugs with my computer. I should be able to begin working on the Razor Girl project on my next off shift now that the computer issue has been resolved. Latter on in the evening Elli and I watched “Irreversible” directed by Gaspar Noe who also directed Carne. Though this movie won’t appeal to the average Hollywood moviegoer I thought over all, Irreversible was a very good movie that was well thought out and really mirrored the cause and effect aspects of reality. Besides the camera work at the very beginning the only other grumble was that the emotionally intense moments lacked the necessary build up in order to experience their full impact. The audience does get to experience but it could have been even more intense. This might be do to culture the differences between French and American social dynamics or emotional delivery in cinema. Though a harsh dose of reality it was a good movie that comes highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment