Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thursday September 26, 2010

Alice came over to my place this evening and we had a good talk about my concerns about her anger issues, how it relates to my own anger issues and the general direction of our relationship. She was upset at first because she felt I was attacking and judging her but I made sure she knew I was actively listening and kept bringing some of her issues back to my past issues. I’m by no means perfect and know how difficult it is to work through issues. We have very similar personality types and interact with reality in much the same way so although our specific situations are different we tend to handle them in a similar manner. Alice cried for a time, which is a big deal for Alice because crying makes one vulnerable and even weak in our eyes. I reassured her and used myself in several examples as to the things I have done well concerning my anger and the things I haven’t done so well. I felt very emotional connected to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment